Protecting your data, privacy and personal information is very important to Mycarematters Ltd. It is important to us that you feel secure when using our Services.
Our website may contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such third party websites.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Information we collect
We respect and value your privacy and personal data. Personal Data may be freely provided by you, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this website.
The Data concerning you is collected to allow Mycarematters Ltd to provide its services, as well as for analytics and contacting you.
You can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
You can use all public sections of the website without the need to register – only anonymous Usage Data is collected to facilitate the uses outlined in the “Legal Basis of Processing” Section of this policy.
Types of Personal Data that this website collects, by itself or through third parties include: Cookies, Usage Data, email address, first name, last name, postal address. You may also opt in to share your non-medical needs and preferences (optional), contact details of emergency contacts and photos (optional).
This information is contained and processed in the following aspects of the website:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
· If you contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use to improve the website for research purposes, if you have opted in for that type of contact.
· Anonymised information may be collected on your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
In particular, Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Analytics. The services contained in this section enables Mycarematters Ltd to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of your behaviour.
Google Analytics with anonymised IP (Google Inc.): Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the Data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. This website uses an integration of Google Analytics which anonymises your IP address. It works by shortening your IP addresses within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be sent to a Google server and shortened within the US.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
. Privacy Shield participant.
Contacting you. The services outlined in this section enables Mycarematters Ltd to monitor and analyse:
Mailing list or newsletter (this website and third party service providers)
By opting-in to join on the mailing list or the newsletter, your email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of informational nature concerning this Website and the activities of Mycarematters Ltd and others.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name, last name.
Contact form (this website)
By filling in the contact form with your Data, you authorise Mycarematters Ltd to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name, last name.
Place of processing: UK.
Where we store your personal information
The personal data that we collect from you is processed in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and stored on Amazon Web Services (Europe) Cloud Servers. This data may however be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our business partners or service providers. A full list of our third party sub-processors and details of their privacy policies is available on request. Countries outside the EEA may not provide the same level of adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data; however, by using our Services, you provide your consent for Mycarematters Ltd to disclose your personal data to those third parties.
Your passwords are stored on Mycarematter’s servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Mycarematters Ltd will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
Sensitive information between your browser and our website is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”). When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser can validate the Mycarematters Ltd certificate.
Operating System and Cookies
As described in section ‘Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data – Analytics’ the website collects anonymised information about your usage, including where available your operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Mycarematters Ltd. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you individually.
For the same reason, and for the website to function, we obtain information about your general usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
· To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may experience limited functionality or a less streamlined experience.
How we process your data
Mycarematters Ltd takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Mycarematters Ltd, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Mycarematters Ltd.
Location of Processing
The Data is processed at Mycarematters Ltd’s operating offices (Horsham UK) and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
· Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a function or provision of a service between Mycarematters Ltd and you will be retained until such function or service has been fully performed.
· Personal Data collected for the purposes of Mycarematters Ltd’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. You may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Mycarematters Ltd within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Mycarematters Ltd. We send periodic reminders to you to ensure that you still would like to use our services and are happy for your data to be stored for these purposes.
Mycarematters Ltd may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as you do not withdraw such consent.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data will be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Uses Made of the Information (Legal Basis of Processing)
The website use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
· To provide you with information, solutions or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our services, where you have opted in to be contacted about these.
If you do not agree with the use of the information described above, you can use the website without being registered, with limited functionality. You can also choose whether or not you would like to receive communications from us (opt-in) when you register and by unsubscribing at the later date.
We process Personal Data relating to you if one of the following applies:
· You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes (by opting in during registration)
· provision of Data is necessary for the delivery of our Service to you;
· processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Mycarematters Ltd is subject; processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Mycarematters Ltd; (see Legal Action)
· processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Mycarematters Ltd or by a third party.
In any case, Mycarematters Ltd will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing.
Your Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Mycarematters Ltd in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this website or the related Services.
You declare to be aware that Mycarematters Ltd may be required to reveal personal data to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Data processed by this website, these are outlined further in the ICO respective pages https://ico.org.uk/global/privacy-notice/your-data-protection-rights/
. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
In particular, you have the right to do the following:
· Withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
· Object to processing of your Data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
· Access your Data. You have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Mycarematters Ltd, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
· Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
· Restrict the processing of your Data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your Data. In this case, Mycarematters Ltd will not process your Data for any purpose other than storing it.
· Have your Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Data from Mycarematters Ltd.
· Receive your Data and have it transferred to another controller. You have the right to receive your Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
· Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before your competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for the legitimate interests pursued by Mycarematters Ltd, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection.
Should your Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to Mycarematters Ltd through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Mycarematters Ltd as early as possible and always within one month.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of your consent, Mycarematters Ltd shall collect new consent from you, where required.
This policy was last updated on 5 December 2018.
If you have any questions about how your personal information is used, or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact the Data Controller:
Mycarematters Ltd, 28 Wimblehurst Road, Horsham RH12 2ED Tel: 01403 210485 Email: email@example.com
Definitions and Legal References
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by you, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilised by you, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or your IT environment.
The individual using this website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Mycarematters)/ “we”
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is Mycarematters Ltd.
This website/ “we”
The means by which your Personal Data is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/Website.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data stored in your device.
Reg office: Mycarematters Ltd, 28 Wimblehurst Road, Horsham RH12 2ED